10 Tips To Increase Your Blog Traffic
You set up your first blog and post witty informative everyday, but after 3 weeks, you are still not getting any meaningful traffic. What can you do to generate traffic for a brand new blog? Try these ten tips to develop traffic.
1. Visit forums that are related to the subject of your blog. Reply to at least eight postings each day. Include a signature file that includes your blog URL on each item you post.
2. Every time you add a new post on your blog, ping the major blog directories.
3. Make sure your blog is optimized. Submit your blog to the major search engines to make sure that their spiders visit your site on a regular basis.
4. Read and comment on at least 5 other blogs each day. Don?t just say, ?Nice blog? or ?Good post.? Leave meaningful comments that have some substance. Make sure you leave your blog address on each comment you enter.
5. Submit your blog to the large blog directories.
6. Include a counter within your blog that monitors total traffic and unique visitors. This can tell you what techniques are working best for you.
7. Add an RSS feed that people can subscribe to on your blog and your website (if you have one).
8. Write articles on a regular basis an submit them to the 20 or 25 largest article directories. Make sure you include a link to your blog in the resource box.
9. Post entries on your blog every day. If you don?t have the time, do it at least 3 times per week. Frequent posts increases traffic and attracts search engine spiders.
10. Include a link to your blog with every email and outgoing message that you send out.
By following the 10 tips outlined above, you can develop a significant amount of traffic to your blog in a relatively short time.
Do you want to learn other money making techniques? Get my FREE ebook and start making money online!